Research projects on Intelligent Housing for Health carried out in collaboration between the GETALP teams of the LIG laboratory (formerly the GEOD team of the CLIPS laboratory) and AFIRM of the TIMC-IMAG laboratory between 2000 and 2008. The funding that has enabled progress to be made on this theme is as follows:
- IMAG RESIDE-HIS project (IMAG 2000-2002) ;
- DESDHIS project of the ACI Santé du Ministère de la Recherche (2002-2004). Theses by Dan Istrate and Gilles Virone ;
- Departmental Award (Anthony Fleury Doctoral Award) (2004-2008). Thesis defended in 2008.
These projects having been completed, this page has not been modified since December 2009.
The GETALP team contributed its skills for sound and speech recognition, the AFIRM team contributed its skills on medical sensors and end-user evaluation. This is a long-term research theme that aims to help people, usually elderly or struggling alone at home.
- Keywords: Intelligent Habitat, Smart Home, distress keywords detection, speech recognition, everyday sound recognition, ADL (activities of daily living)
- HIS apartment of the AFIRM team: map and views
- Audiovisual presentation of the project
- Michel VACHER (GEOD then GETALP)
- Jean-François SERIGNAT (Former GEOD Team Leader)
- Norbert Noury (AFIRM team leader over the duration of these projects)
- Vincent RIALLE (AFIRM)
- People who have made a significant contribution to these projects:
- Stéphane CHAILLOL (GEOD)
- Anthony FLEURY (AFIRM)
- Nicolas GAC (GEOD)
- Hubert GLASSON (GETALP)
- Noë GUIRAND (GETALP)
- Dan ISTRATE (GEOD)
- Pelayo Menendez-Garcia (GEOD)
- François PORTET (GETALP)
- Gilles VIRONE (AFIRM)
Sound and multimodal corpus
Corpus HIS : corpus recorded at the end of the RESIDE-HIS and DESDHIS projects (thesis Anthony Fleury) in the HIS apartment of the TIMC-AFIRM team, participants play scenarios involving ADLs (Activity of Daily Living – ADL).
Sound analysis software was developed and implemented in the HIS (Intelligent Housing for Health) of the AFIRM team.
Main features of AUDITHIS software :
- Debian/LINUX operating system
- Multichannel acquisition card National Instrument
- pilote NiDAQmx compatible LINUX
- interruption if 1/2 full buffer
- 8 possible channels (microphones)
- 2 applications running in parallel on a single PC
- sound analysis – several threa
- automatic speech recognition (ASR Raphael with Janus recognition engine)
- GTK+ graphics library
- functions and libraries developed in C or C+
-  A. Fleury, M. Vacher, N. Noury, SVM-Based Multi-Modal Classification of Activities of Daily Living in Health Smart Homes: Sensors, Algorithms and First Experimental Results,
IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine,
vol. 14(2), pp. 274 – 283, 2010.
-  M. Vacher, F. Portet, A. Fleury, N. Noury, Development of Audio Sensing Technology for Ambient Assisted Living: Applications and Challenges, International Journal of E-Health and Medical Communications (IJEHMC), IGI, 2011, 2 (1), pp.35-54.
-  A. Fleury, N. Noury, M. Vacher, H. Glasson and J.-F. Serignat, Sound and Speech Detection and Classification in a Health Smart Home, 30th IEEE EMBS Annual International Conference, “Personalized Healthcare through Technology”, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Aug20-24, 2008, pp. 4644-4647.Advances in Spoken Language Technology,Iasi, Romania, 10-12 May, 2007, pp. 135-146, ISBN: 978-973-27-1516-1.
-  Michel Vacher, Anthony Fleury, Jean-François Serignat, Norbert Noury and Hubert Glasson, Preliminary Evaluation of Speech/Sound Recognition for Telemedicine Application in a Real Environment, INTERSPEECH, Brisbane, Australia, Sep 22-26, 2008, pp. 496-499.
-  A. Fleury, M. Vacher, H. Glasson, J.-F. Serignat and N. Noury, Data Fusion in Health Smart Home: Preliminary Individual Evaluation of Two Families of Sensors, ISG 2008, the 6th International Conference of the International Society for Gerontechnology, Pisa, Italy, June 4-7 , 2008, pp. 6p.
-  M. Vacher, J.F.Serignat, S. Chaillol, Sound Classification in a Smart Room Environment: an Approach using GMM and HMM Methods, the 4th Conference on Speech Technology and Human-Computer Dialogue, Advances in Spoken Language Technology, Iasi, Romania, 10-12 May, 2007, pp. 135-146, ISBN: 978-973-27-1516-1.
-  D. Istrate, M. Vacher, E. Castelli, L. Besacier, J.-F. Serignat, Information Extraction From Sound for Medical Telemonitoring, Information Technology in Biomedicine, IEEE Transactions on, April 2006, vol. 10, issue 2, pp. 264-274, ISSN: 1089-7771.
-  M. Vacher, J.-F. Serignat, S. Chaillol, D. Istrate and V. Popescu, Speech and Sound Use in a Remote Monitoring System for Health Care, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Text Speech and Dialogue, vol. 4188/2006, 2006, pp. 711-718, ISBN: 978-3-540-39090-9.
-  M. Vacher, D. Istrate, J.F. Serignat and N. Gac, Detection and Speech/Sound Segmentation in a Smart Room Environment, presented at The 3rd Conference on Speech Technology and Human-Computer Dialogue (Sped 2005), Cluj-Napoca, Romania, May 13-14, 2005, pp. 37-48.
-  M. Vacher, D. Istrate and J.F. Serignat, Sound Detection and Classification through Transient Models using Wavelet Coefficient Trees, presented at 12th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO 2004), Vienna, Austria, September 6-10, pp. 1171-1174.