- Networked Research Action, funded by the
- Keywords: Motamot, dictionnary, Jibiki, Franch, vietnamese, khmer, contributory platform, collaborative project
- Description: This project consists in developing a multilingual lexical system by simultaneously building several bilingual dictionaries sharing at least one language. The bilingual dictionaries will be built online on a “Papillon” type site built on the Jibiki platform according to a collaborative and volunteer work methodology, inspired by the Wikipedia project.
The bilingual links created during the writing of the articles are used on the one hand to generate bilingual reverse links, and on the other hand to create new interlingual links.
These dictionaries will also be available in the form of a multimedia version, with a user-friendly and ergonomic interface, the results of which will be accessible via two media: language (text) and speech.
For certain languages (which we will treat as examples), synthesis modules will be added to enable learners to participate in language learning and to give sound examples of the “isolated words” or “short sentence book” type to learners.
In addition, we will develop APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) that can easily be integrated into Internet pages, forums, blogs or any other application allowing dictionaries to be integrated into applications such as text editors, automatic translation, language learning tools, etc. in order to participate in the development of the computerization of poorly endowed languages.
The main objectives of this project are therefore:
- the launch of a dynamic contribution around the construction of each bilingual dictionary in presence. Wikipedia’s success shows that this is possible, provided you have simple and easy to use tools.
- large-scale laboratory experiments such as the DiCo base (Mel’čuk et Polguère 2006) or the PARAX system (Blanc 1996).
- the development of a testing ground for the validation of several hypotheses formulated in previous work: bijectivity of bilingual links and transitivity of interlingual links, massive contribution on the Web,
- construction of a multilingual lexical system.
- Mathieu Mangeot (project manager)
- Hong-Thai Nguyen
- Cong-Phap Huyn
- Geneviève Caelen (MICA)
- Éric Castelli (MICA)
- Yeng Vanra
- MICA-CNRS laboratory in Vietnam
- Cambodia Institute of Technology
- Association pays perdu (Denis Richer)